Walnut Cannellini Wraps
Makes 6 Servings
- One 15 1/2-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Six 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 to 2 packed cups arugula or baby spinach
- Combine the beans, walnuts, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and a few pinches of pepper in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth and creamy. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the wraps, spread the bean mixture evenly over each of the tortillas; layer with the carrot and arugula. Roll up, slice in half, and serve.