Sweet Potato Fries
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; cut each half into 6 wedges.
- Combine the canola oil, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a large shallow bowl and mix well. Add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly with the oil mixture.
- Place the wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender, turning the wedges halfway through to prevent the bottoms from burning.