Smooshed Sweet Potatoes
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch ground pepper
- Pinch ground ginger
- Add the sweet potatoes to a saucepan filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool. Scrape off the skins using a knife.
- Place the potatoes back in the saucepan and mash with a potato masher or fork. Stir in the orange juice, brown sugar, butter, salt, pepper, and ginger until well combined.
- Season with additional salt, pepper, and ginger to taste.