Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool 5 minutes. Remove the muffins and cool an additional 5 minutes before serving. When making 12 full-size muffins, bake for 20 to 23 minutes.
Nutritional Information per Serving (2 mini muffins): 220 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated, 1.1g omega-3), 135mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 4g protein, 60% vitamin A
This is a No Whine with Dinner recipe!