Juicy Strawberry Wigglers
Makes 12 Servings
- 1½ cups 100% strawberry kiwi juice, divided
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a blender, blend together 1 cup of juice and the frozen strawberries until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. If you think your kids will object to the tiny strawberry seeds, strain the mixture into the saucepan first. Stir occasionally to break up any frothy bubbles.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/2 cup juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over the juice and let stand 1 minute. Add the hot juice mixture and stir, or gently whisk, until the gelatine completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan or dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Cut into twenty-four 2 x 1 1/3-inch rectangles. (Use an off-set spatula to remove them from the pan.)
Nutrition Information per Serving (2 pieces): 20 calories, 0g fat, 0mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 4g sugar, 1g protein, 25% vitamin C
This is a No Whine with Dinner recipe!