Pulled Pork Primavera
Makes 8 Servings
- 2½ pounds pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 3 pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced into ½-inch wedges
- One 12-ounce jar barbecue sauce
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Add the pork, carrot, red bell pepper, onion, and barbecue sauce to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine (you can also add half the barbecue sauce now and stir in the rest when the dish is done). Cover and cook on low until the pork is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- When the meat is done, remove from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Use two forks to pull the meat into shredded pieces.
- Stir the meat back into the slow cooker until it is well combined with the sauce (the vegetables virtually disappear). Divide the pork mixture evenly between the hamburger buns and serve.