Pronto Pumpkin Soup
Makes 3 Servings
- One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups all-natural chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1 cup whole wheat seasoned croutons
- 1/3 cup preshredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Wisk together the pumpkin, chicken broth, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, garlic powder, and salt in a medium saucepan. Place over high medium-heat until the mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the sour cream until well blended. Place in individual bowls and top with the croutons and cheese.