Lazy Day Beef & Vegetable Soup
- 2 ½ pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Two 14-ounce cans ready-to-serve all-natural beef broth
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can seasoned tomato sauce, or one 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup dried ditalini or other small pasta
- Place the beef, broth, chickpeas, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning and pepper in a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker and mix until well combined. Cover and cook on high for 4 ½ hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables and the pasta. Continue cooking, covered, until the beef and pasta are tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 350 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated), 540mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 33g protein, 45% vitamin A, 10% vitamin C, 30% iron
Adapted from Beefitswhatsfordinner.com