A-Plus Alphabet Soup
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 cups all-natural chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces dried alphabet pasta (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- One 7 3/4-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the broth, water, and tomato sauce in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil. Add the pasta, vegetables, and chickpeas, and boil gently, uncovered, until the pasta is done, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve in bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.