Corny Salmon Cakes
Makes 4 Servings
- Two 5-ounce cans boneless, skinless pink salmon, drained and finely flaked
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine the salmon, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, cheese, corn, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and Old Bay Seasoning in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties (a generous 1/4 cup each) and coat with the remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until the bottoms are golden brown, 5 minutes. Flip the patties, add the remaining oil, and cook until golden brown, an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information per Serving (2 cakes): 340 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated, 1.5g omega-3), 800mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 28g protein, 15% calcium, 10% iron
This is a No Whine with Dinner Recipe!