Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds tilapia fillets (4 to 6 fillets)
- 1 cup sliced or slivered unsalted almonds, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the tilapia on a cutting board and slice each fillet down the center where the fish connects to create 2 smaller fillets. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Combine the almonds, bread crumbs, brown sugar, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, cinnamon, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk together the egg and water in another bowl, and place the flour on a large plate.
- To bread the fish, coat both sides with the flour and shake off excess. Dip in the egg and then coat evenly with the nut mixture. Place the fish on the baking sheet, mist with nonstick cooking spray, and bake until golden brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes
Nutrition Information per Serving (2 fillet halves): 380 calories, 16g fat (2.5g saturated, 0.3g omega-3), 360mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 42g protein, 10% calcium, 15% iron
This is a No Whine with Dinner Recipe!