Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c06/h05/mnt/94480/domains/mealmakeovermoms.com/html/wp-content/themes/mmm_2009_05/page-functions-only.php on line 47
Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- One 5-ounce package mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, optional
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place the steaks in the skillet and cook 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile whisk together the honey mustard, water, olive oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Divide the greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries. Carve the steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over the salad. Top each salad with the dressing, pecans, and goat cheese, as desired.