Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c06/h05/mnt/94480/domains/mealmakeovermoms.com/html/wp-content/themes/mmm_2009_05/page-functions-only.php on line 47
Mac & Cheese Makeover
- Choose an all-natural brand: You should be able to able to pronounce all of the ingredients listed on the label!
- Choose a whole wheat variety: The earlier you introduce whole wheat, the better. If whole wheat is all your children have ever had, they are sure to love it.
- Use canola oil instead of butter: To cut some of the saturated fat, switch to 2 tablespoons of canola oil versus the recommended 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Switch from whole milk or 2% milk to 1% lowfat milk: This way, you’ll cut out some of the saturated fat.
- Add “mix ins” to increase the nutrition: Try adding frozen peas (thawed) and either canned tuna or boneless, skinless salmon (flaked) … or leftover cubed chicken and cooked broccoli florets … or half a can of black beans, frozen corn kernels (thawed) and salsa.