Tortellini with Broccoli “Pesto”
Makes 4 Servings
- One 12-ounce bag frozen cheese tortellini
- One 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli florets or 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (5 to 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped or 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the tortellini in a large saucepan according to package directions. Two to 4 minutes before they are done, add the broccoli. Bring back to a boil and cook until the broccoli and tortellini are tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the walnuts, Parmesan cheese, oil, salt, and garlic powder and stir well to combine.