Fruity Chicken Kebabs
Makes 4 Servings
- 8 ounces lower-sodium deli chicken or turkey, sliced 3/4-inch thick
- Eight 8-inch wooden skewers
- 16 green grapes
- 12 strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- Cut the chicken into 3/4-inch cubes. To make the kebabs, thread 3 pieces of cubed chicken, 2 grapes, and 3 strawberry halves onto each skewer in any order that you and your children choose. Be sure to leave enough space at the bottom so the kids can hold the skewers comfortably.
- To wrap, lay 2 skewers on a sheet of aluminum foil and fold the foil loosely over the kebabs.
Tip: Pack with an all-natural fruit smoothie and a mini whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese to round out the lunch.
Nutrition Information per Serving (2 kebabs): 100 calories, 1.5g fat (0g saturated), 360mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 14g protein, 80% vitamin C
This is a No Whine with Dinner recipe!