A Sub to Love
Makes 1 Serving
- One 6-inch whole wheat sub roll, halved
- 1 to 2 romaine lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 2 thin slices deli salami
- 1 to 2 slices reduced-sodium turkey breast
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian salad dressing
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Layer one side of the roll evenly with half the lettuce, the salami, turkey, cheese, dressing, pepper as desired, and the remaining lettuce. Place the remaining roll half firmly on top.
- Slice in half, wrap in plastic wrap or place in a zip-top bag, and pack in your child’s lunch box.