Chocolaty Coconut Mini Tortes
Makes 24 to 28 Mini Tortes
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir the chocolate chips and canola oil in a medium saucepan over low heat until the chips melt, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and coconut in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk in the eggs until well blended. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups (depending on the size of your muffin cups, you may need to fill them 3/4 of the way full or completely to the top, so be sure to spray the pan well). Bake about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the tortes and cool. Repeat with remaining batter as necessary. To add “snow” to the tops of each torte, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.