Chocolate Pudding with Toppers
Makes 6 Servings
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional Toppings: Crushed Graham crackers, chopped nuts, granola, blueberries, raspberries, sliced bananas, sliced strawberries, light whipped cream
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in the milk until well blended.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and vanilla. Spoon the mixture into 6 individual serving bowls. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper (this will prevent a film from forming) and chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with toppings as desired and serve.