Chicken Broccoli Crunch
Makes 5 to 6 Servings
- 3 cups fresh or frozen small broccoli florets
- One 14.5-ounce can ready-to-serve all-natural cream of chicken or mushroom soup (we like Health Valley)
- 1/4 cup light canola mayonnaise
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2½ cups)
- 1/4 cup almonds, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat a 2-quart casserole pan or dish or an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Thaw the broccoli if frozen. Steam until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover and set aside.
- Whisk together the soup and the mayonnaise in a large bowl until well blended. Add the chicken and broccoli and stir gently to combine. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and set aside.
- To make the topping, place the almonds, bread crumbs, flaxseed and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl and stir to combine. Spread evenly over the chicken mixture.
- Bake until the mixture bubbles and the topping turns golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve over rice, pasta, or noodles.
* Tip for cooking chicken: Place in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350°F until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 35 minutes.
* Tip: If you can’t find the 14.5-ounce can of all-natural soup, use one 10 3/4-ounce can of condensed lower-fat, lower-sodium cream of mushroom or chicken soup plus 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 240 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated, 0.9g omega-3), 390mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 21g protein, 25% vitamin A, 60% vitamin C
This is a No Whine with Dinner recipe!