Nutty Noodle Kugel
Makes 15 Servings
- One 12-ounce package whole wheat blend wide noodles (such as Ronzoni Healthy Harvest), or regular egg noodles
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- One 16-ounce carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup l% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until just tender but still have some bite. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, currants, and sugar. Stir in the pasta until coated with the egg mixture. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Combine the pecans, sugar, flaxseed, and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the kugel.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until the topping gets crispy and brown and the kugel is set, an additional 30 minutes.