Ham & Cheesy Breakfast Sandwich
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 slice lower-sodium deli ham (3/4 ounce)
- 1 slice reduced-fat Cheddar or American cheese (1/2 ounce)
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, halved and lightly toasted
- Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the egg and cook until almost set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold the egg in half and then in half again so it is about the same size as the muffin. Top with the ham and cheese and cook, covered, until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Place between the muffin halves.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 260 calories, 9g fat, (2g saturated, 0.4g omega-3), 550mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 19g protein, 15% calcium
This is a No Whine with Dinner Recipe!