Corned Beef & Carrot Hash
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 3 cups) or one 10-ounce bag pre-shredded carrots
- 8 ounces lean deli corned beef, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch frehly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 1% lowfat milk or 1 cup all-natural chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, carrots, corned beef, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the potatoes and carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk and flour in a medium bowl until well blended. Pour the milk mixture into the skillet and stir until heated through and thickened, about 2 minutes.