We are bona fide foodies through and through. We think about food 24/7 and we’re also a bit obsessed with anything and everything that typically resides in a home kitchen: dishware, cloth napkins, glassware, pots, pans, skillets, you name it. Neither of us is particularly fond of doing the dishes or emptying the dishwasher, though we’ll do it under duress. If you ask us which kitchen gadget or cookware we can’t live without, we’d probably both agree it’s our trusty nonstick skillets. Read on for a super easy, family-pleasing recipe for Confetti Chicken Wraps (they cook up in minutes in a nonstick skillet and cleanup is just as quick) and for our latest giveaway for a 12-Piece Anolon Cookware Set. You heard that right!
We call for pinto beans in this recipe but just about any bean would work just fine. Bean help to extend the protein at just pennies a serving, and they’re rich in fiber and health-enhancing antioxidants. Just like blueberries, beans are also antioxidant powerhouses.
Confetti Chicken Wraps
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1½ cups)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Six to eight 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken, cumin, and chili powder and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, corn, cheese, and salsa and cook until the cheese melts and the mixture is heated through, about 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, stack the tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, uncovered, and heat in the microwave until warmed through, 30 to 45 seconds. Assemble by placing the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Wrap burrito style and serve with sour cream as desired.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 320 calories, 9g fat (3.5g saturated), 330mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 26g protein, 20% vitamin A, 60% vitamin C, 15% calcium
Here’s a video of Liz cooking up this recipe!!
Giveaway News: Thanks to our friends at Dupont, we are thrilled to be giving away a 12-Piece Anolon Professional Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set (over $200.00 value). This beautiful set includes a 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 4-quart saucepot with lid, 5-quart sauté pan with lid, 8-quart stockpot with lid, 4-quart steamer insert, and 10-inch skillet . It’s coated with durable Dupont™ Teflon® nonstick coating and features stainless-steel, stay-cool handles. It’s also oven-safe to 500 degrees.
To Enter: Leave a comment here or on Facebook and tell us why you’d love to win new cookware and/or what you like about nonstick. If you have a favorite recipe that would cook up beautifully in one of these pots or saucepans, feel free to tell us about it.
We will enter you into the giveaway additional times if you …
> Subscribe to our RSS feed.
> Tweet about the giveaway with a link back to this post.
> Share the giveaway news with your Facebook fans and friends with a link back to the post.
> Follow us on Pinterest.
> Follow The Meal Makeover Moms on Twitter (@MealMakeovrMoms)
Please be sure to leave us a new comment every time you do something extra, and GOOD LUCK. The giveaway ends on May 14th at noon, and as always we’ll use random.org to pick our winner.